>Weekly Geeks is another activity I have not had time to participate in for several weeks, but this week offers a good opportunity to write a crime-related post: ask some book trivia questions.
Here we go. How many first names do you remember?
1) The British writer Agatha Christie´s two best known detectives are Monsieur Poirot and Mrs Marple. What are their first names?
2) American Sue Grafton´s alphabet series is about the female detective Millhone. What is her first name?
3) Scottish Alexander McCall Smith writes about Mma Ramotswe from Botswana. Her first name?
4) American Elizabeth George writes about the British couple Lynley and Havers. What are their first names?
5) Swedish author Stieg Larsson´s famous trilogy features Blomkvist and Salander. What are their first names?
6) British Colin Dexter´s famous couple are called Morse and Lewis. What are their first names?
Send a comment with your answers. They are moderated, but I will add your name to the post plus how many of your ten first names are correct.
Answers so far:
Whereisrikki: five correct answers of five suggestions
Olelog: one correct answer of one suggestion (the tricky one).
Farmlanebooks: cannot remember Inspector Morse´s first name. Small wonder, Jackie.
Crimescraps: ten correct answers – plus a confession that he watches too much TV.
Lahni: one answer, which is correct.
Gautami Tripathy: five answers, all correct.
Kerrie: eight correct answers of eight suggestions (but you have mixed up question 5 and 6 :)) Kerrie has discovered her mistake – ten out of ten correct.
Claire: two answers, which are both correct.
NB: from Monday I will be away on holiday.