What´s in a Name Challenge:
Here is my preliminary list for my second (or actually first) 2010 challenge, hosted by Beth here:
1. Food: Pierre Magnan, Death in The Truffle Wood. (reviewed February 12th)
2. Body of water: Paul Cleave, Cemetery Lake – New Zealand. [buy later]
3. A title: Colin Cotterill, The Coroner´s Lunch (TBR)
4. A plant: Umberto Eco, The Name of the Rose or Margie Orford, Blood Rose – S. Africa.
5. Place name: Matt B Rees, The Bethlehem Murders (reviewed Jan 18)
6. Music term: Ian Rankin, Exit Music (TBR)
When I came up with my global reading challenge, I made a few changes to this list. Paul Cleave,“Cemetery Lake” will do splendidly for both challenges, and I also plan to use Matt Rees, “The Bethlehem Murders” for them both. If I buy Margie Orford´s novel, I can do the same. It sounds very exciting, I have just not found it at the right price yet.
New Year´s Honours List
I have received a very special honour from ´Petty Witter´, one of her 2010 PAPAs (Pen and Paper Award):
The PAPA for Contribution to Literature.
Am I proud? You bet!